The crisp snack is crumbled and tossed with a handful of spices and curd to make this lip-smacking treat. Not only is it appealing to the palate, but to the eyes as well.
- 4 medium sized papad
- 5 Tbsp oil
- 6 Tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 green chilli - chopped
- 1 tsp ginger - chopped
- 2 cups of curd - whipped
- 1 cup of water
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander for garnishing
- 1.Heat the oil, fry the papad and keep aside.
- 2.In a wok, heat the ghee and saute the cumin seeds. Add ginger-garlic paste and stir till light brown.
- 3.To this add turmeric, coriander powder, red chilli powder, chopped green chilli and ginger. Cook till the oil separates from the masala.
- 4.Pour the curd in the masala and stir. Add water and bring the gravy to a boil, let it thicken.
- 5.Break the fried papad into small pieces and put them in the gravy. Add salt and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
- 6.Garnish and serve hot.