Malpua is a pancake like dessert, fried in ghee and dipped in sugar syrup. It is usually pared with rabdi for a sinful treat.
- For the batter:
- 100 gram Flour
- 100 gram Semolina
- 100 gram Milk powder
- 400 ml Milk
- 10 gram Cardamom powder
- For frying Ghee
- For the syrup:
- 400 gram Sugar
- 1 gram Saffron
- 5 ml Lemon juice
- 100 ml Water
- For the preparation:
- 1.Make a smooth batter with the listed ingredients.
- 2.Mix in the sugar, water, lemon juice and make the sugar syrup, add saffron.
- For cooking:
- 1.Heat the ghee in a non stick pan, reduce the flame to medium.
- 2.Pour the equivalent of 3 tablespoons of batter into the ghee and cook.
- 3.Strain and soak the malpuas in the sugar syrup.
- 4.You can garnish it with almonds and pistachios.