Crunchy onion and potato pakoras dipped in a chickpea flour batter induced with a hint of bhaang (cannabis leaves).
- For the batter:
- 1 Cup Chickpea flour
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Mango powder water
- 1 tsp Cannabis leaves-ground to a paste
- For the pakoras:
- Various pieces of vegetables for the batter, optional
- 125 Gram Onions-sliced into thin rounds
- 125 Gram Potatoes into thin rounds
- for deep-frying Oil
- 1.With the ingredients for the batter, make a batter of dropping consistency.
- 2.Adjust the water as required.
- 3.Mix the onions and potatoes into the batter and sneak in the ground cannabis leaves paste.
- 4.Heat the oil in a kadahi till some batter dropped into the oil comes up at once.
- 5.Now scoop the pieces of the vegetable out of the batter and drop them into the hot oil.
- 6.Fry over medium heat, to very light brown.
- 7.Remove from oil with slotted spoon and set aside.
- 8.Continue till all the onions and potatoes are used up.
- 9.When ready to serve, heat oil again and fry the pakoras over high heat till golden brown.
- 10.Remove from oil, drain on absorbent paper and serve with a green chutney.